What drivers to save and how to save them when upgrading to windows 7?

Cool Guy

Well I'm planning on wiping my hard drive for a clean install of windows 7.What drivers etc would I need to save and how would I save them?Also, what is the quickest and easiest way to format a hard drive? No experience what so ever with wiping hard drives.how exactly do i save the drivers.

Mr Opinion

Save the drivers and stuff on a thumb drive, then when restarted use them plug the drive in and install them or simply drag and drop to the drivers folder:).

geegs95

I don't think you can save drivers, but windows 7 is compatible with many computer components. And for formatting, boot your computer with the windows 7 disc and I believe after you click the install now button it will have an option to preform an upgrade or custom install, choose custom. After that i think there is a screen where you can erase your OS partition for a fresh install. And then it'll take care of itself :)

Rip_SouLjah

if your going to reformat and install fresh copy of windows, restart ur pc and keeps pressing "DELETE" it will bring u to a blue screen menu, go into the lil menus till to come across the boot disk option and make sure its set to "boot from CD" then save and exit, make sure u have to windows cd in the cd drive while it restarts, tehn i should as you to boot from cd after the memory tests, press "Y" or wateva it says then it should come to a menu and just follow that, it isnt hard really, it should guide u to reformat and install windows or just install windows again. if its too hard for you just youtube it, always find answers there

Yeti

Windows 7 installs most of the drivers you need, or else provides them thereafter via Windows Update.For other things, you'll need to go to the manufacturer's website and download what's compatible. In most cases the drivers compatible with Vista will work with Windows 7.You generally can't "save" drivers that are already installed on your computer and just drag them to other folders later or something comparable.You can do a quick format of your hard drive during the install process, at least if you boot from the install disc. You don't need to wipe it yourself separately.