What is a good camcorder for recording video and uploading it to the internet?

Midknight_Mike

I have a website that I'm creating, and I would like to put some videos on it 5-10 minutes long. What type of camcorder, or what are the specifications to look for in a camcorder, that will produce a med to high quality and clear video?

THOMAZ

The real question is what type of activity are you filming. This should drive the decision of the camera. A camera which is great in full sunlight at the beach may not be as good for those pictures of the family around the dinner table at night. Most cameras will upload to the computer fairly easily through firewire [better] or USB2 [not as good]. You should also consider if you want an automatic everything kind of camera or one which allows you to manipulate the settings. If you are looking for an everything camera and you get one which requires you to adjust the settings -- you will hate the camera... also the opposite... if you want to adjust the settings and the camera wants to do it for you... just as bad. Bottom line, is to determine the type of scene you are filming, determine the special features you desire and how you want the camera to handle them. Strongly suggest you get one with firewire ports for computer transfer... you will thank me for this suggestion.