Nick B

Windows Vista PremiumAMD 4400+ @ 2.4ghz2GB RAM300GB HDRadeon X1800 256mbI just tried to uninstall ATI, I did so, then used Driver Cleaner on ATI, and this happened when I went to reinstall the latest drivers again.

snowwillow20

Sorry to say but you will have to go searching for compatible drivers to make anything work with vista, unless it specifically says works with vista and is a brand new program.

Spud

Your card IS compatible with VISTA. But you need the latest drivers. Try this from AMD - ATI.http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.htmlThis is the page to download the drivers updated on June 25th.

Desertude

"driver install: the INF file was not found" - at this point do you not get a choice to browse to a folder where the *.INF file is? or are the drivers installation file an *.EXE file? if so double click it and install the drivers and reboot...

JohnnyMAC

If during installation from the disk that came with the video card you are getting this message, it means that the disk that came with the video card was produced before Vista went live and the disk does not contain a version of correct driver for Vista on it. Follow this link to Ati's website, you will find the newest and correct driver for your video card there. Link: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html .When you select the video driver of choice, and the little window appears to Run, Save, or Cancel; select Save and then select your desktop for the location to save it for easiest finding after it completes the saving process. Once it is downloaded and saved to your computer, close your browser and locate the saved file. Double left click the file and follow the instructions that follow. This should properly install your video card and allow you to make any adjustments you choose.When you change from one set of drivers to another, it is best if you use the uninstall program if provided by the individual program, if it doesn't offer you one, then you should use the add/remove software in the control panel area. Make sure you restore your system back to VGA mode video before installing any new drivers, this way you get the freshest drivers installed, not overwritten and possibly corrupt files from mixing driver versions. If you find yourself doing this alot, I suggest making a folder in your documents area called something like My Downloads and storing any downloaded files there for future reference.