Vincent

Ok so i recently reformatted because my ethernet controller wouldnt work, i couldnt connect to the internet even after updating my drivers. I later, installed Ubuntu, and my drivers worked and i could do all the fun stuff i wanted to, minus gaming. If i duel boot windows would my drivers work due to linux still being on the computer or do the drivers linux enable not count when using windows?

William Shatner

I don't think they count.However, there is a glimmer of hope, because I had this laptop dualbooted once, and when I was trying to go from 7 to Ubuntu, or back again, I would have glitchiness and wireless failure.While I know this is a BAD situation, but its possible the reverse may be true for your computer. Might as well give it a shot if you think you can get it installed right.

JohnnyMAC

if you dual boot, you want windows installed first, linux second. Will be a pain to setup dual boot at this point. No, your linux drivers would not make your ethernet card work on windows. What you need to do is go to your manufacturers website, download your windows ethernet driver, save it on a thumb drive and install it after installing windows. A lot of times after a fresh windows install, you will not have ethernet drivers.

Davie

Running Windows dual boot with Linux is not a pain. It has become fairly simple. Windows will not use Linux drivers, but Linux will use Linux drivers and even some Window drivers if necessary. Neither operating system should interfere with each other. They are not on the same partition, nor have the same hard drive partition format unless you install Linux inside of Windows instead of it's own partition. If you have Window driver issues for hardware reinstall the manufacturer hard ware drivers. I run dual boot on every computer in my house.