jlighthart

hey im kind of new to the whole fta thing. i have a dish 500 and a viewsat plat. and im wishing to upgrade to an hd reciever and dish. does anyone have any idea what equiptment i have to buy to get this upgrade? and i have and hd tv. i just want to know what dish i need and the best reciever for the upgrade. ty

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast

Many Many Choices ..... do search & lots of reading..

Hornet

Any lnb is capable of receiving HD channels. Not all satellites offer HD channels. Study the available satellites that offer the viewing you would like and consider adding a dish or combination of dishes and switches that might be necessary to get what you are looking for. Not all receivers work as well with some switch and dish combinations as others, so be careful before buying. Some of the dishes with built in switching require higher power input then most receivers supply and a power inserter of some sort could be necessary. Get a good idea of what you are looking for and try to find free stuff first. I don't like paying for things on ebay or other places that may be expensive and not work well. A motorized setup is nice if you are more experenced with FTA hardware. Some are slower moving then others and some receivers do not work with diseQc 1.2 or USALS. Read as much as possible to determine the pluses and minuses of different receivers including risks and support. The hardware you already have, what you can trade for or simply ask someone for that is just hanging around and what amount you want to spend is part of the fun I find in this hobby. HD receivers aren't cheap so find out all you can before a major investment. Happy testing.

Batman

Well said Green Hornet......for a moment I thought u were archangel....are u his disciple?

Hornet

No. Hornet is short for 22hornet. My favorite varmit rifle. Fun and easy to reload. I have learned much from another famous retired gentleman who I admire very much.

jlighthart

ty for the advice i will look into it alittle more and ill se if my satellite guy will give me some more advice

CASPER

try the link below for product reviews look under satelite receivers....

Pete's Reviews - Main Index - Powered by Pete's Reviews