Ecneralc

Folks;

I am having serious challenge.

I have a pansat 6000hxc for approximately two years or so and have used/enjoyed it famously up and until February 13. Up till then I noticed a number of the fix files had the extension "api"/"apib" on them. Since then there have been two fta fix files with the extension "femu" which just have not worked. In fact, when installed the screen goes black without even the usual "scrambled or bad channel" message and no percentage countdown as a new file would.

It is as if these files were not meant for this receiver. In fact, in attempting to restore factory settings the receiver stopped responding to all controls: remote and on the receiver itself. I had to use a rs232 cable to burn in an older fta fix before recovering control.

I can't imagine I am the only one affected with this problem and to be clear let me say: I have tried both the hard reboot and system factory reset. The same problem remains once I do a software upgrade to any of the "femu" fta fix files. The screen is blank without even the "scrambled or bad channel" message.

Help!

Ecneralc

CASPER

I have check around and ask friend that test this box look that your the only one with the problem there must be something wrong on your end...make sure you test all lnb, coax cable and sat settings, It must be something wrong if not that then it could be your receiver.....

Ecneralc

I have heard that there are other people with my problem and it is peculiar to the FEMU file updates. Now I am using an old file with frequent and long freezes. I have run all tests and resets and rescans and still nothing. Is there some special settings that precede installin the FEMU files? It must be something I/we missed but for the life of me I can't figure it out! HELP!!!