Miltee

Hello,

Just opened up my x-mas present and got a VS Pro. I removed my CS5K and plugged in the new box- I have having some issues and was hoping someone could help. Heres where Im at:

(new fix is download)
I have DN and locked into 110 & 119, signal and quality strengths in the 90's. I did a channel search and only got 116 channels (not sure why not 300+). When that was all done I went back to watch and got absolutly nothing as far as video or audio. I can only see the ppv preview-its has pic/sound thats it. When I go to the guide everything says "no information". What is it that I am missing???? Ive worked on this for the past 24hrs and im frustrated..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank u

skyenergy

You need to make sure that the new bin was installed. Go to your menu and check. It sounds like you did what I did. The receiver will put the program into a list to update. You must update the program. The other thing that does not sound wright is you chanels. If you are not using a dish 500 pro. You will need to use the switch that came with your receiver. I hope that this gets you on your way. I just started 2 weeks ago with the VS PRO. The first thing I did was explore the menus and learn were everything is located. Good Luck.

archange187

Hello,

Just opened up my x-mas present and got a VS Pro. I removed my CS5K and plugged in the new box- I have having some issues and was hoping someone could help. Heres where Im at:

(new fix is download)
I have D!sh and locked into 110 & 119, signal and quality strengths in the 90's. I did a channel search and only got 116 channels (not sure why not 300+). When that was all done I went back to watch and got absolutly nothing as far as video or audio. I can only see the ppv preview-its has pic/sound thats it. When I go to the guide everything says "no information". What is it that I am missing???? Ive worked on this for the past 24hrs and im frustrated..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank u

I'm not sure what to say. VS pro is it's own beast. I have never had the chance to test one yet. I will say check you LNB settings, the difference between standard and OCP are huge in getting channels. As well, do not scan until the reciever locks onto the sat. (EXAMPLE Nimiq 82) Unless you see it in the antena setup don't scan it :)

Any other PRO users have any ideas?

-Angel