sanleeb2

I'm new to this site and I'm not exactly sure which forum I should post this question in. I did search for similar threads, but had no luck finding anything. I am trying to download a bin code to my new Pansat 2700A. I have had to purchase a USB-A to Serial Cable. I am having problems downloading the code and it has something to do with the Serial Port not working correctly. I believe the issue is with the actual software that came with the cable. I don't think it installed correctly. I am trying to unistall it but I am getting an error message. It says as follows:

Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
-Close any running programs
-Empty your temporary folder
-Check your Internet Connection[Internet-based Setup]

Then try to run the Setup again.

Obviously, this message is telling me how to fix the problem, but I can't figure it out. The internet connection is fine. There are no running programs. I am not sure how to empty my temporary folder however.

Please help me!!!! I know I can do this, but I need a little assistance.

Thanks!

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
Hi sanleeb2 did you try to use it any way . are you running XP or Vista or maybe check comport settings ....

sanleeb2

I'm pretty sure it is the software that was downloaded with the serial port to USB cable. I say this because when I tried to uninstall it, I got that error message. When I was trying to download the BIN, I was using COM1. Am I making sense?

sanleeb2

Yes I did!!! LOL! The problem isn't the file so far, because I don't even get to try to download it. I used Winrar. I'm pretty sure its unzipped because i have unzipped entire movie files before with no problem.

CASPER

it's hard to tell what's wrong ...have you try explaining exactly what you did from the date you received your receiver is it new, used, and what have you load on it..?????

Beware Beware

just out of curiosity it would be nice to know what the problem was even if it was so small it might be embarrassing .. come on tell us ... only kidding but it might help someone else .... Cheers glad your up & running

Cobra

Administrator
I would have to agree with FACE33. Please post the problem and what you did to solve it so that others can benefit from it. It doesn't matter how dumb it seems. It will help others to learn as well.

sanleeb2

Sorry! I haven't visited in a while. The answer to my problem is embarrassing on my part but, here it is. I had to change my COM. I was plugging into COM 4, but trying to download from COM 1. Newbee mistake I'm sure.:eek: And I will add that FACE33 told me what to do right off the bat. So yes, my face is red. Here's the new thing. I can't find the satellite. Ha Ha. This is turning into a $200 piece of junk.

Cobra

Administrator
Satellite is down at the moment. We're all suffering.
As for the COM port issue, no need to be embarassed. Lots of people have had the exact same issue. Very common.

CASPER

cobra which sat are u talking about BEV?..... cause charley is up and working great so far.....

Cobra

Administrator
cobra which sat are u talking about BEV?..... cause charley is up and working great so far.....

my 3500 has been down for a while on DN. BEV has been freezing like crazy, not worth watching. Been waiting for a fix for a while. None of the old bins work that are said to work. And judging by the amount of people on the site the other day, I'd say others are having the same issue.

CASPER

Cobra see if this works for you have you done it yet.????????????

if not try it out and you should be up on Charley.

I will post it for members to take a look at it.....

How to load the new 302 emu bin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to download the new factory v06 bin, and the 302 Emu bin, once you have done that do the following.

1. Go to Antenna setup and write down your settings for your sats.
2. Put the two unzipped files on your SD card. (factory v06_api.bin, and V302_Emu.bin)
3. Using the SD card, flash the receiver with the Factory v6 api.bin
4. When the receiver reboots, go to menu, pick Factory reset and press OK
5. Now go back to SD Memory and pick the v302 Emu. bin and load it.
6. Go to installation, antenna setup, and setup your sats using the info you wrote down in step 1.
7. Now do a new scan your sats, when it is done you should have TV if you do not just wait it can take a while
8. If you like you can edit the new scan with channel master to setup your favorites, but you can not use an old list, you can make a template of the old list and apply it to the new scan and that will work.

ace_sj

Did the USB and serial cable work. I just got a new laptop and I do not have a serial port, can I get a USB cable, and does it have to be special, (DB9 of Null Cable)

Beware Beware

you need a USB to Serial Port adapter & yes it does work...the adapter is just that you still use your old Null cable.

Last edited: