rdry

I just got a vs ultra lite. There is no display on the tv. The remote turns the unit on and off so the batteries should be good. I have a working dn reciever and dish pro dish. I put a splitter in the cables so I could use either one. The cables work on the dn reciever but I can't get a display from the vs to the tv. The vs does have a display on it. It reads usb then goes to 00.00. I am new to this and don't know all of the proper names and procedures. I used ptfasw-090121ul.peg
Thanks for any help
rdry

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
I just got a vs ultra lite. There is no display on the tv. The remote turns the unit on and off so the batteries should be good. I have a working dn reciever and dish pro dish. I put a splitter in the cables so I could use either one. The cables work on the dn reciever but I can't get a display from the vs to the tv. The vs does have a display on it. It reads usb then goes to 00.00. I am new to this and don't know all of the proper names and procedures. I used ptfasw-090121ul.peg
Thanks for any help
rdry

https://preferredbypete.com/viewsat-files/7818-how-setup-your-receiver-viewsat-all-models.html

rdry

I tried that and still no display. So I tried to load it from my computer using the serial cable. I get an error "bad zsinit" on the status line.
Thanks for any help
rdry

CheezHead

It is easiest to load using USB if possible. Also, you cannot put a "splitter" in the line to use either receiver. Set the Viewsat up with the coax directly connected to it, then find a better way to alternate between the two.

The zsinit error is probably an error in sending via zmodem (an RS232 protocol) to your STB. Check that the program is using the correct serial port. You need to provide all info when requesting help including computer hookup and OS. Assuming XP with an actual serial port, right click on "My Computer", then click "manage". Click on "Device Manager" and expand the "Ports" section. Whatever the number in "Communications Port (COMx)", the x value is what your port in the communications program should be.

My STB is an Ultra, but the serial connection should be the same.

rdry

Thanks, i'll try that, the splitter may be the big problem.
Thanks you guys for the help
rdry

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
If your getting nothing on screen at all I would check RCA's cable or component cables or S video cable & if there in right inputs on back of TV