ttboy281

I have a sound dropping problem.

I have a viewsat 9000HD V2 with the latest relases 08-08-20
I have a Harman Kardon DPR-2005 sound system.

Sound is sometimes stopped.
This is more frequent on HD channels.

I think it could be a compatibility problem between my DPR-2005 ans my 9000HD for the control of the Dolby sound..

Can someone help me ?
Is there any patch available ?

Thanks

archange187

I have a sound dropping problem.

I have a viewsat 9000HD V2 with the latest relases 08-08-20
I have a Harman Kardon DPR-2005 sound system.

Sound is sometimes stopped.
This is more frequent on HD channels.

I think it could be a compatibility problem between my DPR-2005 ans my 9000HD for the control of the Dolby sound..

Can someone help me ?
Is there any patch available ?

Thanks

Are you useing the fiber-optic output on your vs? And Do you use a HD TV and use the HDMI cable?

ttboy281

Anybody also have sound dropping problem ?

I have the recent new-gui bin file. Sept 11.

Look like if the Viewsat receiver were losing the audio track. When the sound is dropped, I have to change channel and go back then it's ok for a couple of minutes then problem is back again.

When I record to DVR it's the same things.

CASPER

I have you try to do a factory reset on your TV and insert the HDMI cable to the TV prior to power it on.

ttboy281

I'm not using HDMI. Please read post from the begining.

- Component cable for video
- Fiber Optical Tos-link for Sound

Yesterday I did a test by plugging RCA cable for analog sound and there is no sound dropping with this. The problem is only with the digital sound.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with the bin files or the box itself...

I would like to know if digital sound is OK for other people... ?

spas

Hello,

I just got my VS 9000HD setup installed this past weekend. The place I bought it from applied a firmware upgrade and put the 9/9/08 programming on there.

I have the EXACT same issue as you - same setup as well (component cables with optical audio going to my Yamaha receiver). When the sound drops, I go up one channel and then back down and the sound is back. On some channels I have to keep doing this a few times.

I haven't tried shutting off and on - but can try it...

Thanks,
Steve

ttboy281

OK Steve. But i'm sure you will still have the problem.

I will try COAX digital next week-end instead of Fiber optic digital and will see if there is sound dropping problem also.

For now, the only way I have to circumvent sound dropping problem, is to use analog RCA cable for the sound.

Hope someone will be able to precisely tell us where the problem come from. Maybe it's a problem with the bin file. Maybe it's just a matter of time before we get a working bin file that will eliminate this sound dropping problem!

Anyway thanks and let us know!

bowrider

I have the exact same problem. I have the viewsat 9000HD with a Yamaha receiver. For the longest time I thought it was a software problem until someone told me to check my fiberoptic cable. I changed it and it seemed to help however it is still happening approximately once per hour. I do seem to remember this happening with my dishnet PVR years ago when fiberoptics were somewhat new. I still use the Dishnet PVR with fiberoptic cable and experience no problems at all. Like you I now hope it is a software problem.

archange187

I would like to know if digital sound is OK for other people... ?

Anytime i have ever used the digital sound i have had the same problem so i no longer use it. I connect the optical cable out of my plasma to the stereo and HDMI into the Tv. That works perfectly for me.

-Angel

bowrider

Anytime i have ever used the digital sound i have had the same problem so i no longer use it. I connect the optical cable out of my plasma to the stereo and HDMI into the Tv. That works perfectly for me.

-Angel

Great tip, thank you. I will give it a go. Can you tell me if there is any reduction in the quality of sound with this considering it is being wired through another component?

archange187

Great tip, thank you. I will give it a go. Can you tell me if there is any reduction in the quality of sound with this considering it is being wired through another component?

Not at all, the HDMI has the "coaxial" digital signal and it 100% compatable with most hi-def sets. If your TV has a optical digital out then compatability is not an issue. One thing that you will loose if the auto setting of the stereo. Optical digital from a source (dvd) to your stereo reciever will auto set the levels for all the speakers and so on and so on... BUT since the viewsat doesn't support that option of control then no biggie. Sound will still rock tho and no more annoying glitches from the VS!

Here is a pic of my setup.

My stereo amp was boughten about 7 years ago, and Kenwood. All i use it for is movies and the HDMI viewsat, HDMI dvd player HDMI DVR and HDMI Ps3 the tv is a 58" panasonic plasma and lemme tell you it's hard to find a stand that fits one of those tvs :)

-Angel

Attachments

• mysetup.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 1

bowrider

Not at all, the HDMI has the "coaxial" digital signal and it 100% compatable with most hi-def sets. If your TV has a optical digital out then compatability is not an issue. One thing that you will loose if the auto setting of the stereo. Optical digital from a source (dvd) to your stereo reciever will auto set the levels for all the speakers and so on and so on... BUT since the viewsat doesn't support that option of control then no biggie. Sound will still rock tho and no more annoying glitches from the VS!

Here is a pic of my setup.

My stereo amp was boughten about 7 years ago, and Kenwood. All i use it for is movies and the HDMI viewsat, HDMI dvd player HDMI DVR and HDMI Ps3 the tv is a 58" panasonic plasma and lemme tell you it's hard to find a stand that fits one of those tvs :)

-Angel

Once again thanks for the great feedback. I tried the setup with the fiberoptic out from the TV to the amp and for some reason the amp does not want to recognize the signal. I read some where that there were some amps that were not compatible however when I do hook it up direct to the viewsat it works but I have the sound dropping problem so that would make it a possible compatibility problem between the TV and the amp I would guess. I also read the some HDMI cables were analog compatible for audio but not digital compatible for audio. If there is any truth to that I would appreciate any feedback......testing 1, 2, 3

Cheers from Ottawa