CASPER

TronicsBinModv0_7_w32.zip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tool to Make Your own PUFF bins...
All thanks goes to TRONICS for this great work...

This important Bin Conversion Tool is Developed by Tronics found on another site - Below is a copy and past of it. It does exactly what it says and reported working.

Tronics bin converter
This has been tested privately by a few people and the response is that it now works fine for use in windows. This is a Command Line tool. Just download and unzip then go start->run and type cmd <enter> to open a terminal

Then cd to the unzipped directory and download the latest Pansat 2700 bin and unzip into the same folder as the TronicsBinMod program

then type:

tronicsBinMod.exe -nbg -i <name of the Blacklist 2700 bin> -o <name you want for the converted file>

and hit enter.

example:

tronicsBinMod.exe -nbg -i X-87BL_080507_B75_265_api.bin -o convert265.bin

then load the output file into your clone receiver and away you go.

Currently this works for any converted receiver running the PUFF boot.

Current version is 0.7

Please let me know if there are any problems with this program.

Disclaimer:
Please remember that this is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK program...
it does work but I don't want any people whining if there are any bugs etc...
I do my best to make sure things work before releasing but I had one person write a lengthy negative post when he had problems with the previously posted files, as if I purposefully released something that had some issues running on windows just to give him a hard time. That is ridiculous and I would never do that on purpose.(this means you Lacoster7)

If people find some bugs or would like to see some changes then please politely and constructively let me know and I will try to implement them in the next release. BTW I know a lot of people will want a GUI. I am currently working on that so hold tight.Also planned for the next release is the ability to make b-75 compatible bins.

I hope people will find this tool useful and I look forward to hearing the feedback from those who use it.

Best Regards,

Tronics
About future releases from Tronics...

Hello,

First let me start off by saying to everyone but particularly JeepYJ, I am not ignoring you, I have been thinking about what the best thing to do is with regard to releasing the source code for my program. When I started down this path and wrote this program I saw nothing but advantages to both writing the program and releasing the source so as to promote involvement from others and provide a base to move forward from. Jvvh, expressed his reservations about the program being released and at the time I didn't agree with him. I have since changed my mind and think that his initial concerns were and continue to be well founded. Although I don't like the idea of closed source for anything I feel in this case that if I release the source publicly then most people will take it and abuse it and there will be no end of trouble as a result. It would be nice if there was a forum were I could post my code so that a subset of us could view modify and collaborate to both improve this program and work towards developing C source for these devices as a whole. I am currently considering hosting such a forum. Don't get me wrong the things I stated previously about working together and having input from those with the ability to add to the existing code base still hold, I just have found that I need to be a bit more particular of how this comes to be.

In the last week I have unfortunately found the following behaviors that I just don't agree with at all:

1. People taking what I post for FREE and putting on their sites where they want people to PAY to be VIP members in order to download. If I release program or code for free it should remain free. If you want to charge people money to get these files then you shouldn't be posting my files period.

2. People taking files, renaming them and posting them as their own work. I don't care if people use the files, that is why they are posted publicly, but if all people are going to do is rename them (not mention the origin or even what boot they are for) and release them as their own then not only is that kind of underhanded but it also creates confusion in the community. People don't know what files go with what boot and who created them so there is no easy way of keeping track of potential errors etc.

Especially due to point 2 I have serious reservation about releasing the source. I am quite sure once I release the source there will not only be a plethora of bins released by every tom **** and harry but also there will be JoeBlow's bin mod and JaneDoe's bin mod etc. Once this happens there will be no way to go back and there will undoubtedly be problems. Also as I have stated before this is a work in progress. Before I release any bin I test it and make sure that if there are any problems I only wreck my own box and I have the ablilty to JTAG it back in that event. If I release the source, or unfortunately even the exe that I already released, people will no doubt release bins that they have not tested and if something changes, like Fwank7, correctly pointed out, we could end up with many many people needing to JTAG their boxes. From experience most people have a lot of trouble with this. In that event who are they gonna blame, no doubt ME, which is not very fair either.

This has been another lengthy post but I feel that I had to explain the reasons why I have not yet released the source to my program or the new version which also does b-75 bins. I also went through the trouble of making a nice gui program for people to use which unfortunately will probably be just a wasted effort, as I now believe the public at large is not ready for such an application.

These are my feelings on the matter. I am open to hearing feedback regarding this. I am not set in stone regarding not releasing further versions but I think I will need to hear some compelling arguments before I will re-consider it.

Best Regards,

Tronics

As such acts of others not only discourage help from knowledgeable people but also remove the possibility of any future help for other older boxes.

use at your own risk

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• TronicsBinModv0_7_w32.zip
    759.7 KB · Views: 13