rayzdi

Hi All,

I have a VS9000HD and just hooked up a USB hard drive to it. It seems recording and time shift works fine except that I can not delete the recorded files. When I got to DVR menu, I can see the VSHD directory and in it there are the directories for my recording. However when I highlight and press "F4" to delete the recording, it does not work. I can delete the Time shift directory easily by F4. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Appreciate your help,
RAY

archange187

Hi All,

I have a VS9000HD and just hooked up a USB hard drive to it. It seems recording and time shift works fine except that I can not delete the recorded files. When I got to DVR menu, I can see the VSHD directory and in it there are the directories for my recording. However when I highlight and press "F4" to delete the recording, it does not work. I can delete the Time shift directory easily by F4. Is there anything I'm missing here?

Appreciate your help,
RAY

Well ray, i have the same problem with my 9000. I also find thath the format option does not work for me (not advieing you try it). What i do is just plug in my laptop and delete what is needed. Now realize that the 9000 is not a true PVR, and it is software developed. As the software gets better so will the pvr functions.

Sorry i was unable to help any further...

-Angel

DonAntonio

I bought a 500 Gb external Hard Drive for that purpouse and connected via
USB in the rear. (I use the front USB for card information which is 16) At first I was a little disappointed with its functioning, which I use mainly to
record High Definition because it is very slow, specially in forward and back-
ward positions. Sometimes F4 works very well but it doesn't erase as fast
as expected in a recorder. I understand that moving all those Gigas by a
receiver which is not as the modern computers and all it has is a simple
software for recording.
At the end, what I do is, as I have so much space, which I will never fill,
I just let it there accumulating and every certain time I take the Hard Drive
to one of my computers and erase what I want, besides, as I use it only
as a bridge to keep certain fragments, I copy those in a DVD recorder in the
best positions Super video or Components and later on with the same 9000HD I re-format it and everything disappears.
The only thing I don't like from this recording ability is that it keeps the
recordings in a rare filing, I think is trp or something like that, which is not
recognized by regular computers.
Hope my experience has shed some light in your worry.

archange187

I bought a 500 Gb external Hard Drive for that purpouse and connected via
USB in the rear. (I use the front USB for card information which is 16) At first I was a little disappointed with its functioning, which I use mainly to
record High Definition because it is very slow, specially in forward and back-
ward positions. Sometimes F4 works very well but it doesn't erase as fast
as expected in a recorder. I understand that moving all those Gigas by a
receiver which is not as the modern computers and all it has is a simple
software for recording.
At the end, what I do is, as I have so much space, which I will never fill,
I just let it there accumulating and every certain time I take the Hard Drive
to one of my computers and erase what I want, besides, as I use it only
as a bridge to keep certain fragments, I copy those in a DVD recorder in the
best positions Super video or Components and later on with the same 9000HD I re-format it and everything disappears.
The only thing I don't like from this recording ability is that it keeps the
recordings in a rare filing, I think is trp or something like that, which is not
recognized by regular computers.
Hope my experience has shed some light in your worry.

TRP is Mpeg transport protocol.. A program called Video Redo Plus is able to edit out and convert all the annoying trp files into one mpeg. The program takes a little getting used to but works like a snap.

-Angel