errolc

Does anyone have a problem putting in the new dongle file on their new mini. I put the usb in the mini and had no problem putting in the factory file and the latest 3.52 file but when i go to put the dongle file T1739 as i have a IX 400 it will not allow me to do anything not giving a choice for S/W download and I noticed beside the file to the left the two other files have a little wheel or gear beside them but not the dongle file. I am new at the mini and would appreciate any help......thanks lots

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
How to load a file?

Most common and easiest way to load files is with the provided USB stick.
Click here for mini files:
Unzip File and copy file to the Portable USB stick.
Take USB stick to STB and press MENU scroll left to Utility and scroll down to USB press OK.

You will see the file on screen choose the file by scrolling to it and press OK.
Choose SW Update and let it load and reboot. The Unit will reboot and you can now scan your sats.

How to scan your sats.

I will cover only the easy most common way. For other options please read the manual.

Press menu
Installations
Channel search (password)
Choose your sats
Choose Diseqc locations
Change LNB frequency to match your setup (11250 usually)
Enter other option according to your setup
Click on search
If all is correct it will scan in the channels

How to download EPG
Press EPG
Press either the RED button for Dish or GREEN for the Bev.
For dish a window will pop up with a status bar that takes 5 minutes to fill the epg.
For BEV it will take a couple minutes with no status bar.

How to manually Change the Keys.

Press menu
scroll left to KEY WORKS
Press OK
Enter the menus by pressing ok
Enter the keys as needed with the buttons as instructed on screen.
Press ok on the options to save.
Basically the OK button is your access into the menus. Pressing it on different options brings you to the next.
To go back press exit.
Takes a few minutes to get used to it but it is one of the easiest to use.

How to choose between sat packages.
Press SAT
choose either ALL, DISH package or BELL package.

This Unit automatically defaults to SID order.
When in ALL the BEV channels will be renumbered into the 10000 (example channel 400 becomes 10400)

when you choose either package the renumbering will be off.

How to edit the Picture quality

Press SORT
Window pops up with adjustments
These settings get defaulted with each factory default if you have a setting you like I recommend writing it down in case a default is needed.

How to return to previous channel

Enjoy your new box.

Anything not covered here ask

errolc

Thank you I finally got everything downloaded including the dongle file which is the on I had trouble with. The problem now is I got the IP add. but it would not register keeps saying fail....any ideas....
Thx
PS thanks for the first reply

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
"please note" this thread was posted in the captiveworks discussion, i have move this post to the right cnx-mini forum please check to make sure you use the right files

lit bil

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
that Ok just let it "sit", put it on channel 189 it should come up it may take awhile, 1 time for me it took about 25 min. to come in just let it sit or "you can put it in manualy" if you need the IP # for manualy let me know,,

lit bil

Last edited by a moderator:

errolc

I would love to have the manual IP this way I can try and get it to work that way.....I have not put it on ch 189 to let it try and come up, it is 12:00 midnight so if it does not in half hr. I would like to enter the manual IP
Again Thx....

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
it sound like you have everything in right,, I more thing you might want to do in turn off your box in the back,, then do the same dsl when the dsl or what ever you are using comes up fully then turn on the box let it sit.. while you are doing that I will go and try to find the IP# just in case

please alway post to let me know if we got this working..

good luck
lit bil

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
from what I understand I got IX-200 internet dongle and it should be compatible with CNX Mini IX-400. and use the same server,,

on my system the IP addie is,

IP add,,,,, 192.168.1.24
subnet,,,,,255.255.255.0

I'm sorry but I got to get some sleep I will hang with you for 10 more min. if your box not up I'll check in tomorrow morning I hope you get your box going,,

good luck again

errolc

Hi it is errolc again just wanted to thank you again for you help the other night. I still did not get the unit working but I will try the new file put out today. I left it for two days then gave up figering it was a file or server problem, I am not that desperate for Sat i do have cable to watch.

Thanks again