hopper

I'm trying to configure my viewsat 2000 extreme using my laptop running vista connecting with usb cable. But I'm not able to see the box from my laptop. Can some body help me ?

CASPER

after you get ur loader get the latest bin file make sure you un-zipp it before you put it in the loader. Its much easier with a usb stick / zip drive

Setup your computer port with a usb adapter

Setup Computer Support for your VS2000 Ultra/PVR/Platinum/Extreme/lite

1) Right click on My Computer, highlight Manage left click on Device Manager left click on Ports (Comm & LPT) Click on Serial port, Port Setting, then click on (Advanced)A box will Poop-up, bottom left corner Comport Number(click) and open, Scroll open and set to (Comm 1),click OK, close
Note: if Comm 1 port say" [In Use] Select Comm 2, or Comm 3, then close out all open boxes.

Please Note:
Null Cable (Has to be DB9F-F Cable for all Viewsat), Not something that came with any other Device.

Open Loader 2, and click on this file by itself: loading it only, then click (PC to STB).Make sure you are using the NULL cable (if one came with your unit) or ratshack has them. Buy one. Have your Unit hooked up to the PC and power cable already, with I/O switch in OFF position.
Note: If you load a factory bin [v.2068X] or [v.2071X] then you will need this next step.
Also:
Make sure you load your latest bin file next [DBSW-061213_X/P] and you un-zip this PGM file before loading onto Loader 2. Do not load [DBPSW-061220X/P
unless you use 118.7, or 97.0w] there is no need, they are the same bin.file

Note: Make sure FTA unit is (Off) with your I/O switch in the (left top corner) of the back of your STB. (satellite top box)

Now you are ready to install the New PGM file. Click on PC to STB transfer. (a small box will appear), Now its safe to turn on your flashing, ei: I/O switch in left top corner of unit. (Transfer will start).
Note: Wait until you see the front panel say:100%/Inst./0000 before turning unit OFF ei: I/O switch.

Note: no Opykey is need at this time, nor channel list. Do NOT load them, because your Viewsat will make its own.

Now you are ready to install the new TP's (ei: Sat Info file).Click on PC to STB transfer.(a small box will appear), Now its safe to turn on the Unit your flashing, ei; I/O switch in left top corner of unit. (Transfer will start).
Note; Only use a sat.file you know to be safe, not one that has been scanned by someone else.

Wait until completely finished, (because this file is so small flashing will only take a second) this is completely normal you will see on your PC it get done before the unit will you can click (off) on the loader at this time and close the little PC to STB box. But do (Not) turn off STB unit yet wait until you see the front panel say:100%/Inst./0000 before turning unit OFF ei: I/O switch.

Now you are ready to re-hook it back up to your TV set. Now go to (Menu, Installation, Options) turn (on) all these: sort by SID (on), auto roll (on),auto tp (on),EPG hours at 24,Full Channel name (on),Exit and save.

Now got to Parental control set as follows: (off), (off), (1), un-blocked, and when whatever pin code you wish, exit and save again, Next Time Setting as follows: time adjustment is up to where ever you live -5:00 hour GMT summer time (off) for eastern standard time. Exit and save.
Written by: Odd Thomas

I have added a Newbie doc.file to help with Setup,it will explain everything you need to know.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• Newbie1.doc
    32 KB · Views: 13