bird

very new to this (2 wks) got 2700a and dish dual sat. still getting dish service downstairs, separated signal to use 2700a in bedroom. got good channels/just reloaded and got channels back. My problem is missing all ESPN, TBS, TNT, USA, SCI FI, I noticed them on interactive 100 but can not togle b/t. Main issue TV no good without sports, I am spoiled. Please help

CASPER

go to channel's delete them all and re-scan your sat's..
Also are you using sat 119, and 110 ? Or Bev.?

bird

last Wed all channels scrambled, so I deleted and rescan with new July bin file. Still did not get the missing channals.
My Sat is a dish 500(installed by Dish, still using dish downstairs until I can get missing channals, at least sports ESPNs) I think this is 110/119

CASPER

well if you are running dish and on same line it will not let you get the channels need to run different coax cable with disq switch, from lnb in order to work...

bird

I went under the house and unhooked bedroom cable going to living room receiver and hooked it directly from Pansat 2700a to the split from the back of the Sat. the split is not on the Sat but down the line about 6 ft.

scotty2hottie076

Also check your lnb type in your setup must be ocs-dp.
Are u using bin 279 for d!sh?
Factory Default
Load new bin
Scan
Satellite..............Echostar 7
LNB power..............ON
LNB Type...............OCS-DP
LNB Freq...............11250
22KHz..................OFF
TP Freq................12239
DiESqC 1.0.............Port 1
Motor..................OFF
Legacy SW..............None

Satellite..............EchoStar 8,10
LNB Power .............ON
LNB Type...............OCS-DP
LNB Freq...............11250
22KHz..................OFF
TP Freq................12224
DiESqC 1.0.............Port 2
Motor..................OFF
Legacy SW..............None

bird

Thanks to all, I checked settings they were correct, I unhooked one more wire on the back of living room receiver, still nothing, I then did a tp scan selecting everything and all channels came in. Don't know what happened but things work now.

I am planning on getting another receiver for the livingroom, should I get another Pansat 2700a to be consistant, or should I get another type to be diverse or would that be more trouble with finding diff. loaders and bin files.
If I should get another type any suggestions. Thanks

CASPER

this will be your choice on hoe much you want to spend, and if your willing to learn how another Receiver works.

if you do I recommend a Viewsat or Captive works.

best of luck...