Status
Not open for further replies.

eakum

Hello All,

I have a Viewsat 2000 Extreme. I downloaded the loader 2.1 and the proper bin....but when I go to load the file, it doesn't work. It connects, but when I try to upload it, it stays at 0% and keeps saying "sending ZRQINIT"....and "resending ZRQINIT". When I press cancel, it says "Error Download".

Any ideas?

This is the first time I'm using Viewsat Extreme.....If someone please send me link or explain me on how to flash the latest firmware and boot code..I would really appreciate...

I'm new to this stuff....

Thanks.

archange187

Hello there. First of all what kind on computer do you have? Are you useing a USB to serial adpter? I have had problems with clients haveing problems with the USB to serial. If this is the case get an old computer (doesn't take much to program yer stb).

Also make sure you are sending PC -> STB, you want to send the file to the reciever and not reciever to the pc.

Also to program your reciever you need to start the reciever pc to stp and shut off the power in the back of your reciever, wait a few secs and then turn it back on.

Hope that helps.

-Angel

Last edited:

eakum

Hello Angel,

I have old PC that has built in Serial Port. I'm also sending the file PC -----> STB.. I have tried different loaders, but same results... Every time I try to upload the file to the receiver,
I get a message " BadZSINIT" .... Do you think it could be a cable problem? I'm using the cable that I received with my CS5000...
Any help would be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance..
Eakum..

archange187

OK, you are useing an old computer, Go into the bios and make sure the UART is enabled. It should be in the serial and the ports section. Try that before you switch the cable.

-Angel

archange187

Go to tools in loader and change comport that mite do it depending where you plug into your computer...

The problem sounds more like a sync issue to me. If it doesn't connect then it'll just sit there but this problem is erroring. If the com port on the loader is wrong the error pops up "Unable to open comport".

But then again that could be the issue. Anything is worth trying.. :)
-Angel

Haven

How can I get the channels to work? Since yesterday most of my channel are "autoroll processing" or "no video or audio" if I turn the autoroll off. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.
Thanks
Haven

Haven

Please, can someone help me??? How can I get the channels to work? they are "autoroll processing for 2 days now
Thanks
Haven

archange187

Please, can someone help me??? How can I get the channels to work? they are "autoroll processing for 2 days now
Thanks
Haven

You can turn off autoroll and enter the keys maunaly or get a program called VSkey to do it for you. There is the option of a new program as well.

-Angel

Haven

The keys are correct, and even if I turn off the autoroll it says "no video or audio". I can only get a few channels now. I've deleted the channels and scanned them again but the message is still the same. Should I turn off the box between downloading echo star 7 and 8/10?
Thanks
Haven

archange187

The keys are correct, and even if I turn off the autoroll it says "no video or audio". I can only get a few channels now. I've deleted the channels and scanned them again but the message is still the same. Should I turn off the box between downloading echo star 7 and 8/10?
Thanks
Haven

No need for that. :) try vskey and see how that works for you.

-Angel

Haven

how do I do this vskey??
By the way, I just saw some new keys for DN 0601 or 0106, what is that for? I dont have this DN.
Thanks

archange187

how do I do this vskey??
By the way, I just saw some new keys for DN 0601 or 0106, what is that for? I dont have this DN.
Thanks

Download the latest version on Vskey, it will make a file for you with todays date. then load it on your viewsat like you would a PGM update or file.

Vskey does the keys for DN and bell

Haven

I just noticed that the channels that are not working are from echo star 8/10? Can it be because of the antenna setup for that?
Thanks
Haven

CASPER

You need a new file there was an ECM today after yesterday file.....and the new one is not out yet come back tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.