spyrofan

Banned
I've been working with a Pansat 2700A for a little over a year now, and have done just barely enough research to make it work and that's it. I've been doing some reading of posts from other users and got curious what N3 is. so I did some research, and would like somebody to tell me if my understanding is correct.
N3 is basically a type of encoding used in these cards installed in the receivers. I'm somewhat familiar with this because my parents have dish network, and recently had to replace it in 2 receivers, and enter some numbers. but N3 is the 3rd version of encoding, right? on my pansat 2700A, in the section where I type in the code with the remote, I have an option for nagravision 1 and 2. this means that when the N3 becomes more of a standard, and N2 isn't supported, I'll need a new receiver?????
please let me know if any part of this is right or wrong depending on how you look at it.
thank you in advance.

ricklbert

I've been working with a Pansat 2700A for a little over a year now, and have done just barely enough research to make it work and that's it. I've been doing some reading of posts from other users and got curious what N3 is. so I did some research, and would like somebody to tell me if my understanding is correct.
N3 is basically a type of encoding used in these cards installed in the receivers. I'm somewhat familiar with this because my parents have dish network, and recently had to replace it in 2 receivers, and enter some numbers. but N3 is the 3rd version of encoding, right? on my pansat 2700A, in the section where I type in the code with the remote, I have an option for nagravision 1 and 2. this means that when the N3 becomes more of a standard, and N2 isn't supported, I'll need a new receiver?????
please let me know if any part of this is right or wrong depending on how you look at it.
thank you in advance.
Most likely there will be a dongle adapter made for all boxes eventualy this is serial port to Ethernet adapter this will allow update via dongle hub serial to Ethernet to your PC via iks n3 system. sonicview,k box n fusion neosat and others are already doing this because by the end of the month we may be black on dick net......ricklbert

Attachments

• ihub.png
    ihub.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 49

spyrofan

Banned
question for ricklbert about dongle

I'll only ask this one follow up question. are dongles universal in that a dongle will work with any brand receiver, or is there a specific version for each brand fta receiver? thought of 2nd question. saw online they can cost $89; wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy a new receiver...my pansat 2700a isn't high def, and was thinking if I was going to spend $89, I might as well spend a little extra money and get a high def receiver.
thank you

ricklbert

Re: question for ricklbert about dongle

I'll only ask this one follow up question. are dongles universal in that a dongle will work with any brand receiver, or is there a specific version for each brand fta receiver? thought of 2nd question. saw online they can cost $89; wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy a new receiver...my pansat 2700a isn't high def, and was thinking if I was going to spend $89, I might as well spend a little extra money and get a high def receiver.
thank you

No they are not universal they are receiver box specific i believe and yes it is better to buy a box that already has a Ethernet connection for sure.....like N fusion and neosat i pro k box and many more to come....ricklbert