thadrizzle

Hello again. First I would like to say thanks to anyone here that has tried to assist me in the past. And in regards to to the site I will do my best to post my question as you have asked.;)

1.What Satellites you are aiming at.This is a good question and may be one of my problems. I had direct TV years ago and I just swapped the dish out to a Dish 500 with 4 coax. cables coming from the part of the dish that appears to be aiming (bear w/ me I will catch on quickly). Well at the time of the swap I just positioned it the same as it was but, now years l8ter the trees have grown. So, I assume I need a little help w/ my dish as well. {I can feel people shaking there head @ me as they read this}:No:
2.Your Receiver Brand/Model. Viewstat VS2000 Ultra w/ usb and some type of serial port I do not have a cable for...
3.What version of software you have loaded on it,
("the latest version" is NOT an acceptable answer)Problem #2: I think it has been frozen up. Receiver just powers on from the rear and then goes black and the display reads like a bunch of up-side-down F's. Is there a way to force boot new files or reset the thing? surely there is. Also, I have been assured that it is not a clone. as I stated in other post it is one of the 2 my boss has and the other one works perfectly and...get this: His "wife" programs it. No offense ladies I just considered myself a little in the tech "Know" just not this strange world of sat's and such. Please guys help me:cry:
4.What dish and lnb type you have.All I know is that its as I described it's a DISH er' dish with 500 on it. It seemed to be similar to the DIRECT Dish except double for 2 extra rooms maybe. I was just told that it had to be a DISH and not on this forum. I can go back on the roof and get the serials no problem just lemme know. As far as INB's I have a splitter looking device that I know isn't a splitter because it has INB1, INB2, INB3 and INB4(IN) and Receiver (OUT) on it.
("a plain lnb" is not a proper answer)
5.Any switches you have inline. (name the brand/type)I do not believe but, all I know that separates the receiver from the dish is the INB1-4 device I described above.
6.What settings you currently have setup.Can't get a menu screen ><
7.What you have tried so far(Detailed steps)I have removed the Disecq 1.2 INB splitter and ran it each cable to the receiver and I have pointed the dish in a direction that is perfectly clear. Tried to get the box to read files DLed from here of the usb...I'm getting a response when I cut it on. It cuts the snow off and goes to a black screen and displays error message on display of box. I am pretty sure I have it hooked up correctly on the inside to the TV ect. I think I need to set up my dish properly and "unfreeze" the unit and update. Sadly idk if I am correct and I would still need a little guidance so, please help if you can.
8.Other things pertinent to your specific question
may also be needed and included.Any info I can provide for you to help just let me know.

Here is a photo of the INB "thing" and any list of Bird watcher's speak would probably help me communicate better. I do apologize but, will admit I have lived a very sheltered life when it come to dish systems.

Attachments

• diseqc.jpg
    diseqc.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 48

CASPER

I left you the links and you need to get the remote like I told you so that you can set up your box............Please stop Posting all over the forum.............

thadrizzle

I got the remote Casper... I think the unit is either froze or I have something hooked up wrong. I got the files and video witch I greatly appreciate. I just think with the black screen and the weird upside down F's that come up on the led display right after you power it on from the back and the ------ goes away. TV seems to be getting something but it only displays a black screen and and no setup menu. I don't have the cable or I would have tried it pc>receiver fix. I know I have been asking alot of questions but, I am trying to go by your rules. Please review my last post again and tell me what you think. Your my only friend ^^.
Thanks again and sorry for all the post.:eek: