Status
Not open for further replies.

shep69

I've tried everything I can think of. Still missing ESPN's and Fox. Ive tried Channel edit; nothing helps. I've got a 2700A pansat on the Echo Package. These channels have been missing for 2 months. I need some real HELP.........<shepscubit@yahoo.com> Thank U Shep...............

Cobra

Administrator
If you do a blind scan, you should delete your channels first or you will end up with doubles.
TP scan might also do the trick. Sometimes channels disappear because of transponder changes.

CASPER

are you getting dn or bev ?

After doing your scan you can try this...

Hit SAT on remote pick Echostar package then ok,should be what you are looking for.
or
if you want it the way its on dn, press sat select echostar package and select channel 100.

this might bring them back.....

CASPER

what is the sat's ur aming at and how many lnb's do u have on the disc.

you have not answered my question from June 6 2008 are you getting dn or bev?
need to know so that I can help you better....

Last edited:

shep69

Hi Casper7; I'm no very smart at this; I don't know whether I'm getting Dish or B3V. The rec' was set up for Echo Pack. I don't know how to set one up,I wish I did.

CASPER

ok you are running D!sh so you don't know if you have 1 or 2 lnb's .

What is an LNB

An LNB - Low Noise Block (also called an LNC- Low Noise Converter), is used for communications (broadcast) satellite reception. The LNB is usually affixed either in or on the satellite D!sh.

The purpose of the LNB is to utilize the super heterodyne effect; and amplify and convert a wide block (band) of frequencies. This helps compensate the signal loss associated with typical coaxial cable at relatively high frequencies.

you will have to go up and look at your D!sh if there is 2 white lnb's they look like the pic below make sure you have two.

after you take a look let me know then will go from there.

Attachments

• lnb.jpg
    lnb.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 176

CASPER

loading a Pansat 2700A
Connect the RS232C null modem cable to the receiver and your computer with back switch off... 2700A= null 2500A=straight.
Turn pansat on now
open and run the Downloader (GTRom v27.02) b75[pansat2700A].
Click the App File only button, browse and select the “latest update” file, example X87BL_070904_B75_209_api
X-87BL is for 2700A
Click the Download button, it will start counting up to 100,wait until the “Download Completed!!” after 100% is displayed. Watch the receiver, it should reboot itself.
DO NOT INTERRUPT!
you are done now, set time, antenna set up for you sats and scan or load a list

CASPER

if you are still having problem maybe you should ask the person that load it the first time for you, and show you how to do it .....

shep69

There's two LNB's on my dish. I know how to down-load latest files. I don't know all ur lingo for different items. I've tried everything I've been told, but still no luck

CASPER

ok then this is what you can do.. do factory reset on channels only

1. go to menu then go to installation, then go to factory default then you will have choice's
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. all
2. channel list only
3. radio channels
4. scramble channels
5. delete satellite channels

Chooze Channel list only

after that then you go to antenna settings enter there look for satellite name echostar 7 (119w) then search all channels there will be an option saying fta only select no. make sure the transponder is 12224/v20000/5/6 and lnb freq 11250
lnb type ocs-dp if your running D!sh pro satelite if not select normal
22khz should be auto
diseqc number lnb 1, legacy sw should be off motorised system should be none

after the scan is complete then you look for satellite name 23 echostar 6,8 or (110w) trasponder is 12224/v2000/5/6 ,
lnb freq 11250 lnb type ocs-dp or normal is you dont have D!sh pro
22khz auto
diseqc number lnb 2
legacy sw off
motorised system none after both sats are scan then you go back to menu
go to system settings go to channel no make sure you select sort by sid
this is very important also make sure you have be!! & D!sh autoroll on...

best of luck

CASPER

here is a better set up from scratch thats in case you do a factory reset on all.

How to for Pansat 2700

Loading Your Pansat 2700

1). Turn your 2700 "OFF" via rear switch.

2). Connect the RS232 null modem cable to the receiver and Com1 port of your computer. (Use Com2 if not Com1 is not available). Note: 2500 used a straight serial cable for downloads, THIS SERIAL CABLE WILL NOT WORK!!!. You must use a Null Modem serial cable, or a straight serial cable with a "null" adapter.

3). Plug in the receiver, Turn your 2700 "ON" via the rear switch, and see that the “On” is indicated on the LED on the receiver.
4). Run the Downloader X-87BL Loader v27[1].02 [X-87BL] [pansat2700A].exe) from the new created folder.
5. Click the App File only button, browser and select the “latest update” file, example
x-87bl_071204_b75_226_api Example only then click the Open button.

Note: It is highly recommended that you make sure you have the b-75 upgrade on receiver,when powered on in front u should see b-75 on screen at startup

6. Double check and make sure the cable is securely connected.
7. Click the Download button, wait until the “Download Completed!!” is displayed. Watch the LED on the receiver, it should reboot itself, wait until the “On” display.
8). Wait for unit to finish flash, DO NOT INTERUPT!
9). When receiver reboots and displays “On” wait a few more secs until you see the "Download Complete" popup on your pc. Many people unplug too soon!
You are now done with the software update.

Connecting the receiver to the TV.

10). Connect all the RCA cable from the TV to the receiver, connect the R6 Cable from the dish or switch to the IF input of the receiver. Plug in the power cord from the receiver to an AC outlet.
11). You should see the Language Menu on the TV screen, select English.

Satellite Setup

Note : The following steps 12...24 assumes you are using Dish 500 and Legacy Dual LNBs.

I connected my Dish 500 Legacy Dual LNB 119 cable to the LNB1 of the DISEqC, then I connected my LNB 110 cable to the LNB2 of the DISEqC switch.
12). Goto the Installation Option, enter “0000” for p*********word
13). Goto the Antenna setup Option,
14). Select satellite you want (birds Echo8.6/Ku at 110W and Echo7/Ku at 119W are the Dishnet birds), press the OK button. DO NOT select more then one satellite if you only have one dish with one single lnb
15). LNB Type: select “Standard”
16). LNB Local-Freq: enter “11250”
17). 22kHz: OFF
18). See above note: DiSeqC: 0, if you have two lnbs on the dish or two dish then change it to the correct lnb #1, #2, so on...
19). Skew: 45
20). TP: leave it as is
21). Check the Level= highest as you can, and Quality= highest as you can (adjust the dish slightly to improve the signal strength)
22). If you get no quality level on these transponders, try others before giving up. Not all transponders are transmitting all the time. MAKE SURE THE CABLE IS PLUGGED INTO THE "IF INPUT" PORT ON THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER! Plug the other end directly into the LNB on your Dish.
23). Readjust your dish if you still not getting any quality signal
24). Press the Exit button, press OK to save setting

TO SET DEFAULT KEYS.

A.Go to Main Menu (Bins 132 and later, select channel 8282, proceed to step "E")
B.Go to Parental Control
C.Go to Second Pin entry line
D4.Enter 0000 (if 0000 does not work, enter 1668)
E.At "CAS SYSTEM" menu.
F.Scroll down to Set default key button and press it
G.Exit out

Scanning for Channels

25). Go back to the Installation Menu
26). Go to Satellite Scan, press OK, select the satellite to scan using the left or right vol button(it should turn RED). Press OK to start the scanning.

27). After you have completed the setup and tune to a channel...PLEASE NOTE: the latest sw/bins with Autoroll featrure may take up to 15 minutes to locate and set the keys for each Sat provider. Progress will show on screen (sometime the "progress screen" does not reach 100%, don't be concerened, the keys ARE FULLY LOADED.)

28). to get the dish lineup press sat button on remote,choose echo pkg..

After that.....WATCH TV

shep69

Hi: I was getting 437- SPS; well now I get ALL channels except 437. I,m getting real close. the worst thing that was wrong was lnb was on 1, I got 2....Thank u very much Shep........

CASPER

Well At Least You Got Espn And Your Fox Back,,

That Is Good News You Will Get The Hang Of It.......sometime It Takes Time.

Best Of Luck

shep69

Hey; I thought I had it, but I can't get local channels and sps 437. I was getting these before I fixedit. any ideas?

CASPER

in the menu look for config city, there then you look for your state that you are in then select city this will bring in your locals...

attached file is for D!sh channel lineup

use @ ur own rixk

Attachments

• DNSD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DNHD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

CASPER

Missing Sports...How to Get It!
The available games that make up The Sports Packages are in addition to those seen on FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, regional sports networks, and your home team's television affiliate stations.

The NBA, NHL and MLB package channels (540-552, 561-572 and 625-639) change transponder/satellite positions daily. They are all mirrors of the Regional Sport Channels found on channels (412-437).

The "'SKDL 1-8"" channels are all on Transponder 24 frequency 12559H 110W. And "SKDL" Channels found on channels (9910-9917).

These are the transponders that are needed to be scanned either 1 hour or during the game time, in order to receive the NBA, NHL and MLB package channels broadcast:

These channels will always be in the following places:
Transponders 10,12,17,18 or 21 at 119W and transponders 24 or 25 at 110W.
Frequencies will be as follows @ 119W: 12355H, 12384H, 12457V, 12472H, 12516V.
Frequencies will be as follows @ 110W: 12559H, 12574V

The problem with the sport channels is that they change the TP's every day so the channels are never on the same TP's or frequency from day to day for these set channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.